DiskDigger - A compact, self-contained utility that can recover lost, damaged, and deleted files from any media your PC can read, including hard, floppy, and optical disks, flash drives, and memory cards. It bypasses the Windows file system drivers, with built-in support for all file systems, so it can scan most media directly.
DiskDigger can recover lost files from your media storage device no matter how you managed to lose them. You may have accidentally deleted some documents or photos from your computer, or you could have reformatted your camera's memory card, or maybe you just want to see what is on an old USB drive. It scans disks deeply, including reformatted, badly formatted, and wiped disks. It even handles disks with bad sectors and other damage. DiskDigger works with FAT, NTFS and exFAT partitions and comes with support for a wide array of file formats, such as photos and images, documents, audios and videos, archives, virtual CD images, DLLs and executable files. There are two recovery modes at your disposal, so you can “Dig Deep” and scan file system for deleted files or “Dig Deeper” and scan the disk surface for traces of files. It’s obvious that the second is the one more advanced, also asking you to choose the file formats you wish to look for. Once the recovery process begins, files are organized by type in tabs, thus letting you browse them easily, with a preview window making sure that you’re trying to restore the right file.
"Overall, DiskDigger is a great application for data recovery that undeletes and recovers lost files from your computer."
- Undelete files from FAT (FAT12, FAT16, FAT32), NTFS, and exFAT partitions.
- Recover any type of file.
- Filter recoverable files by name and size.
- Sort recoverable files by name, size, date, and directory.
- Scan (carve) entire disk for traces of specific file types.
Supported file types include:
- Photos and images: JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, ICO, ANI, CR2, SR2, NEF, DCR, PEF, SVG
- Documents: DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, VSD, PDF, XML, RTF, WPD
- Audio and video: MP3, WMA, AVI, WAV, MID, FLV, WMV, MOV, M4A, M4V, 3GP, F4V
- Other: ZIP, ISO, RAR, 7Z, EXE, DLL, SIT
- Works in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
- View recoverable files as a list, or as thumbnail previews.
- Thumbnails will show previews of image files, album art from MP3 and WMA files, and icons from executable files!
- Selecting a recoverable file brings up a full preview of the file (insofar as possible).
- Previews of JPG and TIFF files will show EXIF information (camera model, date taken, sensor settings, etc.).
- Previews of MP3 files will show ID3 information (artist, album, genre, etc.).
- Previews of ZIP files will show a list of files contained in the archive.
- Able to scan virtual disk image files: VHD files, VDI files, and Direct binary disk images (acquired with <code>dd</code> or similar tools).
- When digging deeper, ability to start scanning from a specific location on the disk.
- When previewing files, the program optionally shows the first 4K bytes of the file as a hex dump.
Title:- DiskDigger 184.108.40.2061
File Size:- 0.87 MB
Requirements:- Windows (All Versions)
Updated:- 16 Dec, 2016
Author:- Dmitry Brant